Have you ever stepped back and looked at a certain situation or day in your life and think you should be the lead actor/actress in the newest sitcom?! No?? Just me? That's alright--cause that's exactly what I'm going to do.
My life is hilarious. Blessed beyond measure but hilarious. Sometimes I stop and have a good laugh at my quirkiness, my randomness and the cast of characters I meet on the daily.
I'm an Elite Yelper, I'm sure you've heard me make mention of it... here, here and oh yeah, here!
I apparently blurt out this fact when I'm totally at a loss for words. That and my views on counties I've never resided in.
Yelp is kind of my thing lately--for the past three years actually--and its given me the opportunity to meet some really fascinating people and to step a bit out of my comfort zone with cuisines and experiences that I'd otherwise pass on.
As they did last year, my Yelp Community has put together a challenge of Firsts. From now until the end of the year, think of ten things you would really like to experience, learn or discover that you have not yet had a chance to.
Rachel M's 2014 Yelp First
1. Paddleboarding-- I live in SoFla and have seen and admired (from afar) all the novice paddleboarders and have toyed with the idea of a Groupon and the open waters. As it is I have balance issues on land so this will definitely be interesting. ::zips up life jacket::
2. Dine at an Ethiopian restaurant-- This year I've tried Vietnamese food for the first time and loved it. Thanks to Yelp my palate has expanded beyond rice and beans and I'm psyched to try a new cuisine.
3. Reach Intermediate Level of Conversational French. Sigh. My dad has been trying for decades now to really get my French proficiency up and I'm happy to say I'm committing to it! "Fier de moi, papa?"
4. Take a dance class. Bachata. Kompa. Salsa. Would love to brush up on my dance skills!
5. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and the Literacy Coalition.
6. Ride a bike! No comments.
7. Successfully grow a patio garden. Started earlier this year and it bombed.
8. Evangelize with my church's outreach group.
9. Read the entire book of Psalms.
10. Take a historical tour of Broward/Palm Beach.
I'll keep you all posted on the success of this endeavor!
Are there anythings you'd like to try/accomplish before 2014 comes to an end??